Friday, February 10, 2012

My Blogging Sabbatical

I haven’t posted in a while due to LIFE, so here is a quick break down of the last 8 weeks or so...

December’ish - I drove to NY and visited my sis in queens for a few days. Then drove from NY to FL to visit the rest of my family. Then drove from FL back home to AR. Uhhhh, yep. I got lost about 20x and listened to at least 6 audio books (not all the way through, of course. I’m too ADD for that...).

January’ish - I moved out of my house. I was way too freaked out living alone. I kept a nice hefty wooden bat under my bed, but that didn’t help calm my nerves any. I was in a great neighborhood, just not happy alone. I’m back at Kevin & Kim’s house. I love being with them...and I love NOT being alone.

February’ish - Cooking like a vegan maniac! ...okay, not that extreme. But I’ve gone back to my lovely diet of all veggies, fruits, beans, and some nuts - basically anything nutrient dense. It always makes for some pretty interesting recipes... But I always feel like a ROCKSTAR when I eat healthy. My latest addiction is The Green Monster smoothie. Ohhhhhhhhhhh, heavenly bliss!

So, as you can see, the reason I haven’t blogged is because my life is too boring I’ve been a little busy.

TIME FLIES...

Did I mention that I’m training for an Ironman? Pretty sure I have.  Oh, in between the hours and hours of biking, running, and swimming, I have been eating...and sleeping. :)



*Health update: I’ve haven’t had any pain in months. I’m still on the lo-seasonique and feeling amazing. 

11 comments:

  1. I have been addicted to the green monster smoothies for months! Love! And holy crap woman! The Iron Man? You are a machine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhhh I go to bed dreaming of my breakfast smoothies, lady! :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! Which Ironman are you doing again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! Ironman Florida 1012 WOOT WOOT!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back!! Missed you! I can't wait to try the green monster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! Let me know how that amazing drink goes for ya! :)

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you are ok and just busy. Always worry when folks are gone too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear from you!! Glad you are doing ok and rockin the Ironman training!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha... here it is 8 days after you wrote this and I'm just reading it! You aren't alone in terms of the busy time of year! :)

    You "ps" was the best part of this post! So glad that things are going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has it been 8 days already?? Sheez!!! I’m slackin’ again! haha. Hope you are doing well in the busy times too, Colleen!

      Delete
  7. thank you so much for your blog. I cant explain how I felt when I saw it and read what you were going through. I'm a crossfitter and on my 3rd month of lupron. My body has just been deteriorating since I started on the shots. I considered myself a pretty decent athlete before starting Lupron, and now even a jog leaves me sore for days. The decision on whether to train or not is a tough one, its my only real outlet and I love it; it makes me feel like myself.
    Your right, there really is nothing out there on training on Lupron and it makes me feel very alone. its not something you can put into words or explain, and i'm trying to be strong with this. I have a 2.5 year old so i have to get up each day and pretend like I'm ok, and often by the end of the day I am just exhausted. I have a loving, amazing husband but it is just so hard to explain what I am going through, and I don't want sympathy, just an understanding.
    hot flashes in the midst of a workout are horrible; I'm already tired and maxed out when they happen so they can be a little scary. I feel like I don't know my body anymore. I've lost touch with my limits and capabilities, but my expectations are still there which makes for a depressing mix.
    Its so nice to know I am not alone in this.
    Honestly, your blog was a bright spot in my day when I found it. I found lots of other blogs through it written by people I can relate to and that is amazing. Its nice to hear stories of the people who haven't lost themselves and its been inspiring.

    ReplyDelete