Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hoo-Ahhs!

I don’t even know where to begin. I’m still amazed . . .

I guess last month, I had the simple idea to send out care packages to some of the troops that Josh had served with in Afghanistan. I asked what they needed and got the response of BABY WIPES and BAKED GOODS. Baby wipes apparently are like gold over in Afghanistan because of how handy they are in that sandy, dry land where troops might have to forego a shower. And baked goods are well....good. 

Mmmmm-k. Simple and fun, I thought. I love to bake, especially for our amazing troops (...yes, I wish I could eat everything I bake too, but that’s another blog post waiting to happen...). 

As for the baby wipes, I put up a Facebook post on our triathlon club page asking for donations. Our tri club is unlike most in the way that they are unbelievably caring and so involved in the community. It isn’t all about racing with them and I love that! 

ANYWAY. . . before the ADD carries me too far away . . .

I got over 200 packages of baby wipes donated... and I was so freakin’ stoked! 

Feelin’ some of the love in my living room...

But that’s not even the best part y’all....

Apparently the rep of the baby wipes company was at Sams the same time Kevin was loading up his cart with boxes of these awesome handy things. The rep got to talking to Kev, wondering why on earth we needed so many baby wipes, and then. . . 

LONG STORY SHORT . . . 

The company is going to be donating a tractor trailer full of baby wipes to the troops in Afghanistan!!!

Do what???!?! 

Talk about being at the right place at the right time! 

9 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That is so awesome ...a truck load of baby wipes! As simple as that sounds, baby wipes, i can totally appreciate a few wipes after a long bike ride so I can imagine how wonderful that is for the troops, especially in those dusty/sandy conditions. Nice wrok getting the word out and it found its way to the right folks. Divine intervention i say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is amazing and will be so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. This is great stuff. Which company was it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautifully amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic news! Isn't it awesome where one tiny thought turns into a little good deed which turns into a fantastic show of generosity? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so wonderful of you! Thanks for checking out my blog...so happy I came to your blog and discovered your love for nutrition and endurance sports! Keep enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is SO cool! People (and big corporations) really can be very generous.

    ReplyDelete