Monday, November 14, 2011

Overcoming!

Last night, I was looking back over the past year of races.

Man, it was crazy! If you followed along on my blog, then you know what I mean. I faced some wicked obstacles with my health -- sickness, surgery, disease, treatment, and pain--but God got me thru it all. He surrounded me with SO much love during the fighting and healing (and racing). My close friends know the lows I hit during the months of sickness. Ohhhhh, God bless them all for being there for me! Thank God that my health has been restored. It has been 6 months since I finished that darn treatment. No signs of disease. No pain. GOD IS SO GOOD.

Whatever it is that you are facing in your life right now--take heart, be encouraged, and hold tight to the Lord. He’s got your back. :)

I made a little video of all the pics from my posts this past year...showing the journey I’ve been on since starting this blog. It is kinda cool to see the beginning...and all the overcoming.

Check it out...(the video has music and I also have music playing on my blog so you might want to stop the music playing on my page in the player to the right...otherwise you’ll have 2 songs going at it. haha).





14 comments:

  1. Awesome video!! You've come a long way and look how STRONG you are. I will see YOU in PCB next November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the encouragement, KC! I can’t wait to read your race report and see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As with most of the people I follow on here; you, KC, Leah, Summer, numerous Jenn's and Jenny's (but one special Jenny), you are an inspiration. The fact you fought through all of that, competed, and finished, keeps me going when I want to quit. We are all pushing for the same goals, to be healthy and live long lives. I have been very grateful for finding the people I have found on here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JC, thank you so much! I am so grateful for those I have found in the blogging community as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was AMAZING!!!! I am so thankful I came by to see this!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So amazing!!! Love the video... and love your strength!

    Can't wait to meet you in PCB next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This video brought tears to my eyes. Absolutely beautiful message of perseverance, determination and hope. God bless! Those Ozark hills of Branson had nothing on you and neither will the wind of IMFL. Best wishes as you embark on a crazy year of training. I look forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great video! You are such an inspiration to others who are battling the evil that is endo! You are such a powerhouse! I can't wait to start running again...you definitely remind me of how much I miss it!

    Rock on, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely loved the video! Had to wait until everyone went to bed so they wouldn't see me cry :-).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! So proud of you my little rockstar friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! Beautiful! Awe inspiring! Such an inspiration to keep up the good fight! Wow!

    I just now saw this because I am just now getting back to my blogging community! And thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement during recovery! It's still a slow go but I'm hopeful for a little progress each day!

    Keep kickin' butt and taking names!!!!

    Much love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read this blog post in work when you posted it but I am not able to watch the videos. I have only just now watched and it is amazing! Keep doing what you are doing x

    I have left an blog award for you take a look at my last post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This cheered me up. :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete