Friday, November 11, 2011

EVERY day is Veteran’s Day for us


The cost of freedom has always been blood. I wish it were not so. I also wish that more people realized this. I wish there were more support for our troops and all those who served. I wish more understood that Josh and so many others paid the ultimate price for our country. And that SO many are risking ALL to protect our country and our freedom every single day. 


I don’t need a day to remember. EVERY day, I am so thankful for the service of our military men and women. EVERY day I think of the price that Josh paid. 
To all of our troops, THANK YOU. Thank you for being honorable, for standing up, fighting, and being strong. Thank you for your determination, commitment, dedication, courage, and willingness to sacrifice. It is because of the service of our veterans that we are able to live the lives we live today. I love y’all and I thank God for you everyday! Happy Veterans Day to our Josh and those who have worn (and are wearing) the uniforms of our country. 


Always loved. Always missed. And NEVER forgotten. 



Honoring Josh’s life and sacrifice just over 4 months ago
when his body was brought home.




A new monument unveiled today honoring Josh 
and fallen soldiers Scott Smith, and Stephen Downing


3 comments:

  1. I was thinking of you today, knowing how much your heart must be aching for Josh. My thoughts are definitely with you, him, and everyone who loved him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad is a Vietnam vet. And although he survived he never really came home.

    Losing someone to war is an unbearable pain.

    My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your family and Josh's family.

    And to all that have served our country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.... I can only imagine as I too have a hubby and little bro in the military.... i am so thankful too... we are so blessed

    ReplyDelete