Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Total Shutdown

I crashed my bike on Saturday morning. All is well with the bike. I’m just a little beat up.




I had gone on a group ride with about 25 guys in Dallas. We were in our last 1/2 mile of a 36 mile ride when my front wheel got stuck in a long crack in the road. The bike and I went down pretty hard. I went from 26mph to 0 in seconds. Honestly, this crash shocked my body. I was shaking for at least 4 hours afterwards. It just tore me up physically and mentally. 

I got back up though. I got back on the bike and finished out the ride. I’ve been down and out since then, but hoping to do an easy spin today. The only problem...I’m fighting a stupid chest cold. Yes, seriously. 

5 days before my big race, the Branson half-ironman, I’m nursing bruises, cuts, road rash, and fighting sickness. WHAT THE HECK!?!?!? 

It’s gonna be ok though. I’m confident that I’ll be feeling better and back on my feet ready to rock this race!. 

Prayers appreciated though! 

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your crash! Five more days and I am excited for my rematch with Branson. I am number 320, so when you pass me, yell hello!

    JF from Daily Trainings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I am sorry about the crash! I know you will KICK ASS in the Branson!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked pretty torn up at the packet pickup on Saturday but, were in good spirits. Going 26 mph and taking a dive like that could have turned out much worse. You're a strong willed individual and you'll do great in Branson. Hit them hard and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come race day, I know you will be ready to hit it hard. So sorry about the crash and your cold. Sending you fast healing vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement everyone!!!

    JF- I’m #161. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing for running and managing to be so active with endometriosis. <3 So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about your crash and hope you feel better soon. I've always had success with tegaderm for the road rash. It is bad that I can say that.

    Please make sure your bike's fork is checked out since often crashes like yours put microcracks in it that are hard to see but can be unsafe.

    All the bad luck is behind you and it is time to rock your HIM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! That looks really bad lady! I can't believe what a champ you are. There is NO WAY I would have gotten right back on the bike after that! Take care of yourself please!

    ReplyDelete