Saturday, June 4, 2011

Man, I feel like a [sick] woman!


My boobs hurt. They’re swollen and back up to a DD. I’ve been nauseated, vomiting, and sick to my stomach all day. I’m tired, exhausted, and fatigued. My body hurts. 

This beautiful amazing Saturday has been spent mostly in bed. I got up early to help with clearing the trails for the XTERRA race next weekend. I was pretty excited because the plan was for me to run close to 2 hours afterwards. But I didn’t make it more than 3 hours. 

I felt just awful. I made it back to my car, blasted the AC, tried to keep fluids down, and curled up in a ball, just waiting for the sickness to pass. I was probably waiting close to 45 minutes before I attempted to make the 1 hr drive back home. I felt like I was going to fall asleep on the trip, except for the 2 times I stopped to throw up. 

UGH.

It took every ounce of energy to get home and crawl into bed, throwing up the gatorade I had inhaled on the drive. My tummy hurts. My body aches. And I’m craving...wait for it...wait for it....a burger. 

Do what??!!? I haven’t had beef in a very long time. I don’t really eat red meat...ever. Yet here I am, sick to my stomach and thinking about a big fat burger. I have a 102.6 fever. My body is hurting...and I’m thinking about a burger. 

Unreal. 

My hormones have officially gone off the deep end. 

But you know what. 

I’m okay with that. 

I spent my day in bed, watching movies, and hugging my pillows...knowing that this will pass. Whatever “this” is...hormones going crazy or maybe something viral. 

Probably both. 





No comments:

Post a Comment