Saturday, June 25, 2011

Going to FL

I’m leaving for Florida late tonight or early tomorrow morning. I just need to be there with my family and Alicia. I don’t want to be alone here, thinking all the time. I just want to be around the ones who I love and were close to Josh. Even if we don’t say a word to each other. I just need to be there.

The funeral is going to be in Sebring. Possibly Wednesday.

I need to get home to my brothers, sister, and Alicia.

I just need to be there.


Side note: I went back to the doctor yesterday for a follow up after all my treatment. Dr. Gorman said that he is extremely happy with my recovery and healing. I have had NO PAIN or side effects. My strength is returning and I am feeling healthier every day. Dr. Gorman said that my attitude, faith, and strength were 2/3’rd of what got me better. He said that he was amazed that I was able to run marathons and do other races on the treatment. That I am truly a success story on the treatment. I got put on a BC. He asked if I was dating anyone. I said no, of course. He told me I was too incredible for anyone, anyway. Dr. Gorman is like that, always finding the positive in things. We don’t know what the future holds. We don’t know if the disease will come back. We don’t know if other surgeries and treatment are in my future. But I do know that I am thankful to God for making me better and getting me through. I am thankful that I am able to keep training, racing, and living my life the way I want to.

And although I hate the circumstances, I am beyond thankful that I have the ability to drive down to FL, with a car load of baby essentials, to be there with my family and Alicia at a time like this.

1 comment:

  1. God bless you and your family. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete