Saturday, June 25, 2011

Be Strong

I’m packing now...

Well, throwing a whole bunch of clothes in some bags and putting it in my car. I can’t believe how just two months ago we were celebrating Josh and Alicia’s marriage...how just last month we were celebrating Stefan’s graduation...with everyone together...sharing stories on how crazy, funny, and strong Josh was.

And now I’m packing to go to his funeral.

God, it just isn’t right.

It's gonna hit home soon. It's gonna hurt even more. Mom treated Josh like another son. His pictures are up on the walls, just like the rest of her kids. As soon as I walk in the door, reality is going to rock me to the core.

I’ve been trying not to think. Trying not to cry. Trying just to move.

How did we go from choosing my brother’s clothes to be the best man at Josh’s wedding to finding a suit for him to wear to carry the casket?

God, where are you?

I don’t want to make the 18 hour trip driving alone.

But I have to.

God, help me be strong for them.

‎"Be strong. Take courage...because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you.” ~ Deuteronomy 31:6

3 comments:

  1. Oh friend... I hate no words. I am just so incredibly sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping you find comfort and give comfort to your family and close friends.

    ReplyDelete