Thursday, June 9, 2011

The anticipation of a great weekend..........aaaaack!!!

Looking back, I can’t believe that I spent nearly 8 months in agony. It all seems like a bad nightmare now that I’m coming out of it. From endo pain to surgery to Lupron, life was VERY dark for what felt like forever.

I’m feeling more like myself every day. No more crazy crying. No more bone pain. No more nights spent in bed unable to sleep because of the nausea, hot flashes, and tremors. No more days staring out my window wishing that I could get up and move without hurting. 

I’ve come a long way since last September. Life is finally coming around again. I’m back to feeling healthy and strong. I’m back to lovin’ this amazing life that God has blessed me with. I believe that season of my life was necessary for some purpose, although it is unknown to me. Maybe it was to draw me closer to the Lord. Maybe it was to slow me down. Maybe it was to reach out to others. Maybe I will never know. 

One thing I do know -- God has it all figured out already. He has ME figured out. Nothing that I do surprises him. I could never earn his love...nor could I lose it. He is my constant help, my lifeline, and all that I could ever need. 

I learned, when the storms of this life overtook me, that my only calm is the Lord.


"God is a safe place to hide, ready to help when we need him. 
   We stand fearless at the cliff-edge of doom, 
      courageous in seastorm and earthquake, 
   Before the rush and roar of oceans, 
      the tremors that shift mountains.
   Jacob-wrestling God fights for us...”
Psalm 46 (the Message)

I’m still trying to figure out my place. I’m still wondering what God has in store for me, as I always will. I don’t know one bit of what the future holds. Everything is completely wide open. 

Ahhhhh, the anticipation of my morning run is getting to me already! Time to hit the asphalt with the love of my life -- my pearl running shoes!

Ready. Set. Go! 

2 comments:

  1. You ARE loved friend... So so loved. And I am so happy to hear you are feeling better every day! It's such an amazing thing when you start to feel like you're getting your life back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SIF! It is definitely amazing to be able to get out and be alive again!

    ReplyDelete