Monday, April 18, 2011

Don’t stinkin’ worry!

It has been a week since I posted. One whole week filled with lots of...LIFE.

I had my last dose of Lupron last Monday, thank the Lord! I spent most of Monday and Tuesday in bed, just sleeping. I don’t know if it’s all mental, but I feel like my body gets hit by a Mac-truck in the days immediately following the poison Lupron shots. I just get so tired! 

Wednesday I woke up feeling decent so I went for a run. A nice, long 11 mile run. S suggested it so I thought it sounded great, but to be honest, it completely wore me out. I was no good for the next couple of days. 

Friday afternoon, I headed to Oklahoma with the worship team at church for a retreat/training weekend. I was still exhausted. Everything in me begged for sleep. In between our teaching sessions, I would nap. At night, I would be the first one to hit the bed. I didn’t realize how tired this stuff made me until I was surrounded by a lot of other people constantly. Someone in the group asked me if I always slept this much. Of course I don’t, but I just shrugged my shoulders in response. 

Sunday I felt better. I ventured out on a bike ride with S and a few others. A 2 1/2 hour bike ride in the windy weather. I survived. I did better than survive. I made it through without exhausting myself. Ohhhhhh, finally, the first week of my last round of this dreaded drug has passed! 

I can’t wait until it is completely out of my system, but at the same time I’m a little scared. I’m finally feeling better--pain free! I’m just nervous about the endo and what it may be like when the estrogen production is up and rolling again. 

But one day at a time, right? 

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. 
Each day has enough trouble of its own” 
~Matthew 6:34

Enough boring, tired talk. 

S is hot, sweet, and a ton of fun. It’s no wonder that I haven’t posted in a week. The man definitely fills a big portion of my week. I really like him a lot. Maybe too much. It’s always too much. 

I like the way we can go bike and run for hours together...and I don’t have to beg him to go with me...since he loves to do it on his own anyway. I like how comfortable I am around him. The way I can fall on my face or make a fool of myself and laugh it off without dying of embarrassment. I like his smirks--the way he semi-laughs at things I don’t understand even when it drives me crazy. I like how he encourages me sooooooooo much. The man tells me how I’m amazing--which I think is clearly insane to think--but he definitely boosts my self-confidence.

I like....to look at him too. 

And breathe. 

Just breathe, chill, and relax. 

I could hang out with this man and have fun doing nothing. Yes, bike rides, runs, kisses, and all that jazz make it even better. 

I keep waiting for the end to come. The moment it all gets complicated and ridiculous. I’d rather it just stay like this. Stay simple. 

Nice, easy, and simple. 

3 comments:

  1. Yay for that last dose of nasty Lupron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray to the last shot of evil Lupron! And yay! to the cute boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This totally warms my heart... You so deserve a guy like him my dear!

    ReplyDelete