Monday, April 4, 2011

Does it get any better than this?

Does it get any better than this?

Seriously.

The last couple of weeks have been amazing. The last few days have been a blast. It feels as though each day just keeps getting better than the next.

Friday, I went trail running for 5 miles on a hilly course. The run was beautiful, but a little intense. At one point, I found myself knee deep in water, running through a creek to finish the trail. It was pretty exhausting, but well worth it. Afterwards, we stopped at this little backwoodsy place and got some massive ice cream cones. MASSIVE. Messy to eat, but tons of fun in the process. What could be better than a trail run and some ice cream with some great company?

google images


Saturday was race day for the Bentonville Half-Marathon. It was so much fun! My pace was pretty slow--finished in 2:05--but I did have a bathroom break and ran the last hill backwards so that I didn’t leave one of the guys behind. Kevin ran it too. Along with tons of people from his company and his son. It was so awesome to see Kevin run the 13.1 miles like it was nothing, while encouraging his 20 year old son to push through the pain. S ran the half as a pacer with his clients. R and J were there--a little bit behind Kevin and his son.  Oh, and our pastor ran the race too! How cool is that?


Kevin, me, and Pastor Mike!

What could be better than running a half-marathon and meeting up with friends at the finish line?

WAFFLES.

Yes, waffles. I have been craving waffles since the Little Rock marathon over a month ago. So yeah, I stuffed my face with some amazing waffles...and enjoyed every bite.

The weather by 2 in the afternoon was sunny and 70’s. Absolutely amazing! We decided to make the most of it and venture outside. I had some gloves in my trunk (Yes, I’m one of those people that carries sports equipment in my car--roller blades, ice skates, gloves, baseballs, etc. I should be a gym teacher). We went out to the fields and played catch and frisbee.

Let me just say that catch is probably one of my favorite things to do. I guess it comes from being a hockey goalie for so many years. I just love, love, love having flying objects coming at me. :-)

After playing outside for a couple of hours, we ate dinner and watched a movie. I went home that night completely in love with life and thanking God for every single minute.

Sunday was just as much fun. I sang in church with the praise team for all 3 services. It was like a church marathon from 7 AM to 1 PM.  I love that I get to serve in the church by singing!

After church, I hurried out to S’s so that we could meet up with a group for a 36 mile bike ride. I was a little sore from the running, but it was so much fun! The weather was about 80...and extremely windy, which made the biking a challenge. A good challenge though!

I love being able to write all this down because I want to be able to come back to days like these. I want to always remember what God has taken me through and the amazing blessings he has given me. All of these days filled with little things like running, catch, friends, and sunshine seem so little to some people. But to me...these things are amazing.

Amazing because I can finally get out of bed, without pain and bleeding, and live.

Yes, there will be more hard days ahead. I know this. But I also know that God is faithful. I have plenty of proof of his never-ending love in my life.

Thank God for the hard times that make me appreciate the good days.

Maybe that’s why I get so excited over running, ice cream, waffles, and friends. I know what it is like to go without anything or anyone. I know that God is all I need--and this other stuff in life is just an added bonus that I get to enjoy right now.

Thank God.

7 comments:

  1. I love reading how happy you are right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! And I hope this doesnt make you uncomfortable but Shawn is super cute, YOU GO GIRL! Im happy that youre happy, I wish I was able to do all that stuff, Im jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! Papa's blessing are never small;)I say YES! Life is just going to get better and better and better. Declare it over your life girl. I'm seriously so excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in serious love with this post! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It honestly makes me so happy to see you so happy right now friend!

    And Shawn?!? That boy is SUCH a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Shawn is a cutie! and to hear words of happiness spill from your blog into my heart = priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies! I agree that Shawn is definitely a cutie. And God is definitely good!

    ReplyDelete