Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What? No pain?!?!?

It wasn’t until I ate the entire bag of pistachios while studying that I realized my tummy hurt. I went from not being able to keep down 50 calories to consuming 5000 yesterday (slight exaggeration maybe). It is incredible not being so nauseated all the time, but a little insane that I’m wanting to eat with every single breath I take.

Today, is day #2 of no nausea. Scratch that. Today, is day #2 of extreme hunger and crazy cravings. I have a thing for carrots, pickles, and hummus all together. Sounds interesting, doesn’t it? Let’s make it a little more interesting. How about carrots, pickles, and hummus at 3 a.m.? At least I’m not waking up in the middle of the night sick. I’ll take hunger pains over nausea any day...or night.

The ability to eat is not the best news.

I have no pain in my pelvis. None. Zilch.

Now logically, this should have happened a lot sooner than month #5 on the Lupron. It really doesn’t make sense that I had tons of pain for months following surgery on this drug. Dr. Gorman had said that I had “endo out the wazoo”. He said he tried to get everything. I love that man to pieces, but I don’t understand how I hurt for months after surgery.

I had my second surgery October 6’th of last year, followed by an excruciating period. I started Lupron in November, which intensified the pain for about 8 weeks. Dr. Gorman said this was normal because of the increase in estrogen production in response to the first few shots of Lupron.

Uhhhhh, yeah.

So I endured it. I could barely walk after all the shots. The hip and pelvic pain was hell, but I assumed this was the way it worked. Get some injections--and then BAM!--you are down for about 5 days. I couldn’t eat. I couldn’t sleep (still working on that one). I could barely move without feeling like someone was crushing my core.

But this 5’th round of shots is different.

The pain is gone. I’m not swollen. And I’m eating.

At first, I was a little confused by it. Should I be happy that I’m finally without pelvic pain or pissed off that it took surgery and 5 months of Lupron to get to this point?

Happy. Very happy.

But pissed off at this disease and the treatment.

Dear God, please, we need a cure.



Help us raise awareness and funds for Endometriosis research. Helps us find a cure!
www.hope2endure.org


5 comments:

  1. I know how you feel :( even though my pain started only a few of months ago. Before I got diagnosed I only had pain during my periods, two months after having my lap the pain started to get worst and last longer. Every time AF comes I have pain for 2 weeks. Now this month the pain has been in action for 3 weeks non stop. :(
    We really need a cure ASAP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are feeling so good!! I pray you will have more better days like these ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously just breathed a sigh of relief reading this friend! It makes me so so so happy!

    But seriously - I don't understand why it took so long either. I really (really really really) want you to talk to Dr. Cook before you have anymore surgeries. Pretty pretty please?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you are feeling better and the pain has eased up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad the pain has eased! Yay!

    ReplyDelete