Thursday, March 31, 2011

Truly Blessed

I haven’t blogged in almost a week. I’ve thought about it every single day, but I have been distracted by other things. Studying. Sleeping. Training. Eating. Running. Singing.

Life has returned to me again. The pain is gone. I’m not hurting at all. There is no endo pain. There is not bone pain. There is barely any nausea. I’m sleeping about 5 hours a night...sometimes even without the sleeping medicine. I’m eating like crazy. My diet is pretty healthy and restrictive again, but I’m eating. 

I’m blessed. Really truly blessed by God. 

Life is not a fairytale. I’m still struggling with the hot flashes and occasional moodiness. I’m still tired a lot. But I’m moving without pain. I’m eating without throwing up. I’m living life the way it should be--with others--not by myself. 

I’m running marathons and half-marathons. I’m biking---and crashing my bike.

I’m singing in Church with an incredibility talented group of artists on the praise team. I’m just in awe that I have been given the opportunity to sing to the Lord with them. 

I’m living. This is how God intended for us to be. Pain free!

Tonight, we were rehearsing our songs for sunday’s praise and worship services, and I was approached by a fellow vocalists. She told me that her best friend has endometriosis. She asked if I could e-mail her or someway connect with her friend. It is moments like this, when I thank God for the courage he has given me in speaking out about this disease so that other can find comfort and answers. 

Keep spreading the word. Keep sharing the Hope 2 Endure link. 

Keep talking. Keep telling your story. Keep on, keep on. 

Someday all the talking, crying, bleeding, and infertility caused by this disease will be taken care of. 

I’m not content with have just my life back. I want to do more to help others get their lives back. 

Endometriosis is a real, horrible disease that affects millions upon millions of woman. 

We need a cure!

I’m determined to do whatever I can to raise awareness and funds for research for this horrible disease. I know God will help me overcome. I’ve been blessed with the ability to speak out, shout out, and run & bike for miles. 

I am truly blessed. 

I am running the Benontville Half-marathon in 2 days. 
And then I’m running the Hogeye Full-Marathon in 10 days

Oh yeah, and my last round of Lupron is 11 days away. No worries. God’s got a plan. 

4 comments:

  1. I don't think there are enough words to tell how much I love this post. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super awesome and incredible. So happy for you and once again marveling at how big and faithful and loving our God is. Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen friend!! We all need to keep living, and keep talking!

    ReplyDelete