Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hit the wall

I woke up at 2 a.m. feeling even worse than yesterday.

Head pounding. Body aching. Heart racing.

I thought maybe I had the flu. I could barely stand up without falling over. Around 7, after canceling our 3 mile run for the day, I tried to eat something. I reasoned that I would feel better if I got some food. I ventured to the kitchen, made some oatmeal, and then passed out. I woke up drenched in sweat with oatmeal everywhere.

I don’t remember much. All I know is that I felt like a train hit me. It wasn’t good.

Around 10, Kim brought me to the doctor’s office. I got blood work and an EKG done.

I am fine. The doctor thinks it’s just a reaction to medication coupled with lack of sleep--and anxiety over the marathon. Yup. Apparently I’m so excited that I’m making myself pass out.

I missed all my classes today. I’m in bed resting. I need some recovery before the run on Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful! I really hope you're not getting sick, but I really don't want to think about a side effect from a drug messing with you like that.

    I hope you're feeling better... even if it's just a small amount.

    Ugh... poor thing. I'm praying hard for you... I wish you could catch a break. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your prayers. I am feeling better. Exhausted, but resting still in bed. Tomorrow will be better--I know it!

    "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." John 14:18

    ReplyDelete