Monday, March 7, 2011

The “good” hurt

The marathon yesterday was absolutely incredible. All the weeks of training finally paid off! It’s so crazy to think that 5 days ago I was passed out, unable to get out of bed, and then I ran 26 miles yesterday. 

It is even crazier for me to think about 8 weeks ago, when we started training for the run, and 8 miles would leave me crumpled up in bed for 2 days.  

Or 14 weeks ago, when I was having trouble just walking without pain. 

Between the surgery and Lupron, it didn’t seem possible. It makes me think of Matthew 19:26, when Jesus says, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” I know, without a doubt, that God got me through the training and run. 

And I know that God is going to get me through the last two months of Lupron shots. 

I’m not looking forward to Friday. I’m trying not to dread the injections, but I hate that drug. It makes me sick just to think about it. So, I try not too. 

I’ll think about the good hurt. The pain from muscle soreness that has my body creeping around like an old lady today. I am so stinkin’ sore, but I love it! It’s not pain from endometriosis or a drug...and that makes me happy. 

The good hurt is so worth it.

Maybe the side effects from these shots will be worth it too. I can only hope!

Help us raise awareness and funds for Endometriosis research. Helps us find a cure!





4 comments:

  1. I am SO proud of you, lady! Words just can't express it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean about a good hurt friend, and I am so completely and totally in awe of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You absolutely ROCK! I am praying for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Hope 2 Endure ladies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete