Friday, March 25, 2011

Back from Mexico...and back to life!

I left for Mexico on Sunday to soak up some sun, rest, and enjoy a break. Although we stayed at a pretty awesome resort, the internet was non-existant and I dared not use my cell phone (the international bill would kill, for sure). So I was cut off from the world.

And it was just fine.

There wasn’t much to blog, write, or talk about to others. I spent my days relaxing, laying on the beach, and attempting to drink. Oh, and I ate, ate, ate.

And slept like a bear in hibernation. I didn’t even have to take the sleeping pill. I just slept. To lay down and rest, while taking in food that I enjoy is enough of a vacation for me. Then add the sun, beach, and my amazing Arkansas family--and I’m beyond happy.

The hot flashes were a little intense with the sun beating on me, but I survived just fine in my bikinis.

I got back finding that I missed S. The man is adorable. I have gotten so used to being around him that the last 5 days were...different.

Yeah, definitely I missed him. Along with the daily calls with my sisters and my skype chats with Kate.

So Friday we are hanging out during the day. Then dinner with a group of people that I went to college with. Those that I haven’t seen much in months because I’ve been stuck in bed. I thank God for these moments and times when life is sweet. I’m trying not to dread or fear the days ahead, knowing that this disease and the pain can hit me at any time.

I’m trying to just trust in the one who knows me, my future, and my dreams. God’s got this. He’s got me...and all of us. He’s got it all.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. 
Each day has enough trouble of its own” 
~Matthew 6:34












Next weekend, I will be running the Bentonville half-marathon. Help us raise awareness and funds for Endometriosis research. Helps us find a cure!


3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures Patty. Sometimes a break from the real world is exactly what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were able to relax and HAVE FUN! Bravo! :) Awesome photos. Hoping your pain stays gone and that you are able to keep on going like normal. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete