Friday, March 11, 2011

And so begins Month #5

I had my Lupron dose today.

Month #5. Goodness gracious, I can’t wait ’til this stuff is over with! I was rockin’ it at first. Usually, I get sharp pains in my pelvis right after the shots. Today, it was different. I felt fine for the first few hours. I got so excited. I thought that maybe I wouldn’t be in bed all day. Maybe these darn shots won’t knock me down this time.

Hmmmmmm. Maybe not.

I don’t understand these stupid shots. Why do I still get so much pain with them? I was doing so great lately. I hadn’t felt the pains in a couple of weeks. It was just the nausea, fatigue, hot flashes, and all that other jazz getting to me. The pain was better.

It WAS better.

In fact, it was so much better. I ate. I moved around. I even planned on going to see Kristen’s softball game. I got ready. I got in my car and drove down the road.

Then I turned around and came back home. The pain had grabbed at me a bit too much.

Darn it. I hate these silly shots!

As frustrating as this is, I’m ok. I’ve learned. Pain is temporary. This will soon pass. I won’t give up.

I’ll get back up tomorrow.




"Let us not become weary in doing good, 
for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up” 
-Gal. 6:9

Help us raise awareness and funds for Endometriosis research. Helps us find a cure!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you friend... and of the end to Lupron!

    ReplyDelete