Sunday, March 6, 2011

26.2 MILES all done!

I did it! I ran the LR marathon today! It took me a VERY long time! Just over 4 1/2 hours (an hour longer than my race time pre-surgery last summer), but I finished!

5 months from surgery...to the day.

4 months on Lupron.

8 weeks of training.

And TONS of support from friends and family.

God is so, so, so good!

Getting set in the 30 degree weather at 6 am!

Hanging out in doors with Kevin, trying to keep warm!

Meeting friends at the finish line!

Finally seeing Kim at the end!

Sporting my huge marathon medal with the treat of my choice!
Love my animal crackers!

Next up- the Hogeye Marathon in April. Ohhhhhh snap!

Help us raise awareness and funds for Endometriosis research.









5 comments:

  1. You are a rockstar my friend! I am so so so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are inspirational, well done x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, ladies! All of your support and encouragement has helped a TON!

    ReplyDelete