Saturday, February 19, 2011

20+ mile run on Lupron!

Kevin and I ran 20 miles today. Actually, it turned out to be 21 miles. We were supposed to just run 20.

Goodness gracious, 21 miles of running.

It was both glorious and painful. I never would have thought that I’d be running this much...on Lupron. It is hard. VERY hard. My heart rate while running before Lupron would hit maybe 180 max. However, now it stays at about 195-200 the whole darn time. It is just a constant push, push, push.

The bone pain is hard too. My hips and knees hurt! I feel like someone is crushing me at times.

The high heart rate and the pain are not the worst though--hard to believe.

The biggest obstacle has been the nausea. I’m having such a hard time keeping food and liquids down to fuel my runs. On top of that, it is hard to run when I feel like I’m going puke every step. Pedialyte has been incredibly helpful to me lately. I carry a bottle of it when I run...and I drink it before going to sleep at night. Oh, the miracle of water and electrolytes!

It was okay today though. I needed the Pedialyte at about mile 8. Then, I was okay.

I made it 21 miles. I can’t wait ’til the Little Rock Marathon in 2 weeks.


Please help us raise awareness and funds for Endometriosis research: www.hope2endure.org 

5 comments:

  1. You are my heror friend... FOR REAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said on fb, you amaze me! Well done my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much y’all. It was HARD. But sooooo fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I just spent 4 months on Lupron (coming off now) and have been exhausted. [I have Stage IV endometriosis and am preparing for IVF.] It's nice to see someone exemplify the 'Just do it!' attitude. You, go girl!

    ReplyDelete