Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Work in progress...again

We started a fundraiser for endometriosis research in December of last year. Originally, Jane started it by announcing that she’d be running the Great Wall of China marathon. I jumped on board with my training as soon as I could.

I wanted to run China too.

Then Jane got mono. China wasn’t going to happen. She was still determined to do something for the cause, but needed to rest and get better.

I get that. And I couldn’t have agreed with her more.

So, I backed off. I told her to get better and take care of her health. I didn’t mention the site or the fundraising. I didn’t want to have her worry about one thing.

Instead, I prayed and got my booty back in gear. I planned out the year of runs and bike rides so that I could raise awareness and funds for research as well. Because this is the fact:

We need awareness. We need a cure. 


A cure can’t be found without research.

Research requires money.

That’s why it is so vital for us to speak out, to raise awareness for endometriosis. By sharing our stories and our battles with this disease, we give more hope to the millions that they are not alone, that we are worth a cure.

Because we are worth it, ladies.

No one should have to suffer this pain. No one should have to give up their dreams of mommyhood.

So, today, I got an e-mail from Jane, a post going into detail about how she isn’t running. How it isn’t about the marathon, but rather giving hope and encouragement to others, which I agree.

But ya know what?

It isn’t about me either. Jane said that she was donating the money she raised to ME, to pay hospital bills.

And this is where I got confused. Frustrated even.

I don’t have hospital bills. God has totally taken care of me financially. I’ve been blessed above and beyond with paying for surgery, tests, lupron, appointments, etc.

I don’t owe one cent.

I’m not running or biking to raise money for hospital bills. And Jane can’t either.

I’m running this marathon in March for awareness and funds for research for endometriosis.

NOT ME.

So, the Hope 2 Endure site is a work in progress. Forgive me if it is crazy up in the air now. I thought about just shutting it down when Jane told me she wasn’t doing anything, but then I realized that would be dumb.

Jane is not running a marathon for endometriosis awareness.

I am still pressing on with the Little Rock marathon March 6’th...and others in the future.

I’ll be running, biking, and walking for as long as I possibly can. Why not do it all for our cause?

Because somehow, in this journey to endure, I am given hope. Why not use my athletic gifts and passion to bring light to this disease and hope to others as well, even without my friend with me?

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” -Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

  1. God has this... He has a plan. This is just a bump in the road, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, because there will be new friends that will be along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lenzey and Noelle for the encouragement. God DOES have a plan. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still think this is an incredible cause friend... one that you shouldn't let go anywhere. I truly believe it is going to turn into something amazing.

    ReplyDelete