Monday, January 10, 2011

Mac n cheese

I know my posts are random. I know that my blog is all over the place.

But so is my world.

Some days I’m up. Some days I’m down. Some days I feel great and can bust out miles of running. Other days I can’t get out of bed. Some days are filled with laughter. Other days (most days lately) water flows from my eyes and down my cheeks.

I’m everywhere in my emotions, just like this blog filled with my ramblings.

And right now, I’m eating Mac n’ Cheese at 1 A.M.

google images
Lupron does not play favorites. Just because I’m a personal trainer and nutrition freak, doesn’t mean that my hormones aren’t telling me that I’m starving. Just because I’m lactose intolerant doesn’t mean that I’ll be spared from the cheese cravings. The Mac n’ Cheese cravings.

In my defense, the pasta is whole wheat and the cheese is organic. Does that help me look better?

“Nope”, I would tell my clients, “Mac n’ cheese at 1 am is crazy and unacceptable”. Then I would slash a red line through their food journal and give them a killer look that says, “Never again, or else...”.

But my “or else” has turned into “try my chocolate protein cupcake creation”.

And my "killer look" has become a sympathetic nod, claiming to understand the craziest of cravings in the middle of the night. Like Mac n’ Cheese and Twizzlers.

I’ve only caved for the easy mac once
(yes, I realize how gross that stuff is)
I’m not a kick-butt trainer right now. I’m a desperate, hungry, Mac n’ Cheese addicted fool.

Oh, snap.

Lupron is bringing out the worst in me now.

4 comments:

  1. Oh the things I ate on Lupron!!

    For the first time in 2 years, I'm not on ANYTHING. And suddenly, it is easier for me to eat right than it has been this entire time. Suddenly, I am actually dropping some of those pounds without even trying too.

    Eat that mac and cheese my friend... it won't be like this forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, thank you sweetie. I am definitely eating my share of the mac n cheese. Thank you for sharing that you understand! I am tempted to stop these shots still, but I’m going to wait out the next 3 months I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I won't eat all day long then all of a sudden I'll be ravenous and eat everything I come across and the randomness of some of the things I've been eating since I started Lupron astounds me. Your so not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I am a mac n cheese addicted fool on Lupron. I could eat it for every meal. In fact, most nights that's what I have for dinner. It's a serious problem! I've been on Lupron since September and fortunately I've been able to keep my weight almost the same, but I know this mac n cheese addiction is not going to be good if I keep it up. Any ideas as to why we crave this?!

    ReplyDelete