Monday, January 3, 2011

Keep moving on

My sisters and I decided to leave my mom’s house tomorrow. There is way too much chaos here. I love being with my brothers, but mom is nonstop. And it hurts.

I tried to encourage her. I tried to help her feel better. But nothing gets through to this woman. It doesn’t matter what I do or say, her world is untouchable. The woman who used to be my source of strength is now tearing us apart with every word.

My sweet mother and I

So, today, after mom made my sister cry over something painful in the past, I decided I had enough. 

I booked a hotel in North Florida for my sisters and I to just relax, chill, and be together. No more hateful remarks. No more acting out. No more episodes this week to worry about. 

Just rest. 2 more days of rest. 

It’s my calm before the storm. 

Before I get back on that plane. 

Before another Lupron shot. 


“...in all these things we are more than conquerors 
through him who loved us” Romans 8:37 

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and praying for you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope moving to the hotel makes things a little easier. I have a few family members that make the same kind of remarks like your mom. It hurts but you love them still and it does make things incredibly difficult.

    Hang in there. And eat a gazillion Twizzlers. Those things are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that you had to resort to booking a hotel room, but I think it was so wise and strong of you to take care of yourself instead of suffering through your mother's issues. I have a similar relationship with my mother. Both my parents came to live with me for 6 months while their house was being built. After 2 months of enduring my mother's verbal assaults and physical violence, I ended up spending the remaining 4 months at a hotel. Financially, my decision was costly, but then again, peace of mind and spirit is priceless.

    I will be praying that you find peace before the next Lupron shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers. Tonight has been so peaceful at the hotel.

    ReplyDelete