Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Who says I can't dance?

My day started off pretty amazing. Dr. Gorman gave me the okay to wait ’til after New Years before the next shot of poison Lupron. Previously, he said that I needed to get injection #3 on Friday, NYE, but now I’m free for another week.

Therefore, my plans for ringing in the New Year have changed drastically. Instead of sitting at home in my bed, attempting to sleep off the pain and nausea, I will be in sunny Florida with my family.

God is good.

As soon as I was told that I could go an extra 5 more days, I booked the first flight out of Northwest Arkansas to Jacksonville. I leave tomorrow morning before the sun rises.

I haven’t packed yet.

My excitement was too much to contain. After calling my sis and talking to my 2 1/2 year old niece about arriving tomorrow, I busted out some of my famous dance moves. My family says I’m the female version of Carlton on the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. That’s just how I dance, y’all.

I danced until I couldn’t move. Literally.

As I write this, my excitement is still going full speed, but I’m laying on my bed with my heating pad. My tummy is angry at the twizzlers I carelessly inhaled earlier. And my hip flexors are screaming at me.

But I really don’t care.

Jimmy Boy sent me a message asking about New Years. He is hoping to drive down to Jacksonville from Atlanta to hang out. The idea is just about as sweet as my 2 pound bag of twizzlers, some Jonny Lang, and a ticket back home.

Another incredible blessing is the website that Barbara has been working on to raise awareness and funds for endometriosis research. You can check it out so far at http://hope2endure.org/. She created a button as well so be sure to grab it. Also, please spread the word on Barbara’s work. The woman is incredibly talented and is putting this site together for free for the cause. How amazing is that?

(Barbara, if you are reading this, you rock! Thank you again for all the work you are doing for us).

It’s days like this that make life beautiful.


Heck, yes.

God is so good. 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the dance moves!!! :) Enjoy FL but bring some warm clothes... its been a little cold here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm more excited for your new years than for mine!! Seriously, Jimmy Boy is meeting you for New Years?!? EEEEEEKKKK!!

    And I am LOVING the new site! Got the button on my blog now... I wrote you my story this weekend, but I was just way too out of it to really edit it. I will take care of that for you this weekend though, and send it to you soon.

    Love you sweets, and I hope you have and AMAZING night on Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing better than putting on some good music and just letting loose. I haven't done that in awhile.

    I think I'm just as excited as you are to launch the new site. It's going to be so awesome!

    Happy New Year! Have fun in J'ville. Pack a sweatshirt because it's been a little chilly.

    ReplyDelete