Thursday, December 16, 2010

taste and see

"Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see—
how good God is. 
   Blessed are you who run to him”
~Psalm 34:8


I can’t even explain the love I feel right now.

I can’t even explain the happiness that is on me. I’m so incredibly thankful to God for all that he is doing. I’m so thankful for his goodness and grace and strength.

God is mighty. He is faithful. He is good.

Day upon day. Week upon week. Month upon month. The pain has literally been nonstop during the days and nights. The relief would not come. At all.

I was questioning my sanity. I was questioning my faith. Not my God, but rather my own ability to believe. But God is always faithful. Even when we are not.

God is my hope. He picked me up out of the despair and pain. He held me close as I cried out to Him.

Yesterday, the relief came. For the first time in weeks, months even, the heaviness and pain was lifted. There were tiny moments when I felt the stings, but nothing that overwhelmed me.

Today, the relief is still here.

I woke up to the phone ringing. Jane was calling me from Japan. I had to get off the phone with her at one point because the nausea was so strong. I kept fighting it.

And amazingly, I got over it.

Organic oats and granola for breakfast. Veggies and fruit to snack on. Salad for lunch. All the wonderful healthy foods that I LOVE, have been eaten so far today. NO VOMITING. This is a crazy difference from the weeks past.

I jogged this morning again. 2 miles. And then some cool down on the recumbent bike.


And then I went to the Chiropractor, tanning, and home.

It is 3 in the afternoon right now. By this time, I’m usually back in bed with my heating pad (especially if I had attempted to do anything active). But I’m ok. I’m ok!

outside the chiropractor’s office
(yes, I’m documenting everything)


And I honestly don’t know what to do with myself.

How insane is that? I feel so good that I don’t know what to do.

Besides dance for joy, thank God, and write about it so that I will NEVER forget about these days!

And God is good. Always.

My sweet sisters, some of you are hurting beyond belief right now. I want you to know that God has you. Relief will come.

Trust Him.

God is good. God is faithful.

Maybe this relief that I feel today will last days, weeks, months, or possibly years.

Maybe it won’t.

But whatever happens in the next hour, day, or week, I can rest in knowing that my God has me in His arms. He rescued me with His love, swept me off my feet, and pulled me close to Him.


 "I was right on the cliff-edge, ready to fall,
when God grabbed and held me. 
   God's my strength, he's also my song, 
      and now he's my salvation"

~Psalm 118 (the message)

video
I’ve been dancing to this song all day! 


6 comments:

  1. I have such a huge smile on my face right now! It's beyond awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It ended up being a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hooray for relief friend!! Keep on dancing!!

    ReplyDelete