Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oh happy day!

"You did it: you changed wild lament 
      into whirling dance; 
   You ripped off my black mourning band 
      and decked me with wildflowers. 
   I'm about to burst with song; 
      I can't keep quiet about you. 
   God, my God, 
      I can't thank you enough”
~Psalm 30:11 (the message)


You know those days when life seems almost normal? The days when endometriosis doesn’t take over? The days, or hours, when the pain fades to the background, and leaves you wondering....

What’s going on here? Why aren’t my insides screaming? When is IT going to attack me again? 

It is on these days when this life on earth becomes like heaven. You wonder how you could have ever doubted God. You wonder how you could have ever forgotten how amazing it feels to move and eat without stabbing pains. You wonder  how you allowed the endometriosis to swallow your dreams. 

I had one of those days! Aaaaaaaaaaaah! Thank you, God!

All of us endo girls call them “good pain days". The days when we can move, work, train, and eat without falling apart. The sharp stings that grabbed at our insides on previous days, are now dull. We feel the pain, but it is less severe. Every hour or so, the endo may scream for attention, but it is on these “good pain days” when the whispers prevail. 

Not even the Lupron came to crash my happy dancing party today. I had some bouts of nausea, but no throwing up! I had some times when the stabs of pain came, but they didn’t stay long. It was heaven. 

I lived today, like a normal endo-free woman. To anyone that does not suffer from the severe form of this disease, you may be thinking that I’m exaggerating, but I am far from it.

I can’t even describe the happiness that exists when the good pain days come. 

I ran. Well, jogged. I did 2 miles in the morning and then 2 more in the afternoon. And I took pictures. 

Heck yes. 
Yes, totally got the fighting pose going on


oh snap. Boasting my 2 a.m. miles!


Know what else I did today? I ate! I ate more than I have been able to eat in a while. 

I had some yummy granola. 
Vegetable soup too.
Rice, black beans, and Broccoli. 

With a few unhealthy french fries to support the Lupron cravings for anything greasy. 

Then, just when I didn’t think the day could get any better. It totally exploded into SUPER heaven!

Barbara DiLisio, who designed my blog (as well as the beautiful blogs of MichaelaSIF,  & Sparkles) sent me an e-mail about the Endure for the Cure fundraiser. I had mentioned yesterday that Barbara is going to be designing the fundraiser site and button for us, BUT it gets better....

Barbara DiLisio has decided to donate a portion of the proceeds from any design she does in January to the endometriosis awareness fundraiser. How awesome is that? It made me smile like a kid and dance when I read her e-mail. I am beyond excited to get everything up and running. 

The e-mail responses from everyone has been awesome. I can’t wait to get the word out even more. If you ladies know anyone that needs a blog design, send them Barbara’s way! 

Here’s to endometriosis awareness and research. Here’s to stepping out into the scary unknown for me. 

Oh happy day!


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE THAT MOVIE! And that song!

    Everything else is super awesome too, of course! I'm so happy you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara is amazing!! That seriously makes my night to hear she is doing that!! WOW!!

    Almost makes me as excited as hearing that you had a good pain day! You so deserved that friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had an wonderful day. The radiant vibrancy of your pictures is beautiful! I hope you have another great day...and another...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the least I can do. We're going to rock the socks off this charity!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies, so much! And I agree, SIF, Barbara is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete