Monday, December 20, 2010

the best dad!

“I am not alone, for my Father is with me” 
~John 16:32

It was a long night. I woke up about 15x, hot then freezing, hungry then nauseated, crying then sleeping again. My emotions were a whirlwind.

I prayed a lot. I ate some cereal at 2 a.m. I looked at recipes to bake, but decided I needed to stay away from the attempt to make anything in the middle of the night.

My nights are not normal anymore. But neither are my days. It’s up and down.

This morning, as I managed to roll my booty out of bed, my heart filled with excitement for the day. Not for anything planned in the day (although I get to spend dinner with a close friend and her family...which is exciting!), but my real joy came from the thought that I made it through another crazy night. I made it through another bad pain day on Sunday.

I’m pressing on with my Father up in heaven. He is the best dad in the world!

After reading SIF’s post yesterday about life moving on, I became hopeful for 2011.

I can’t wait to hit the new year. I can’t wait to finish this Lupron treatment. I can’t wait to see the new design that Barbara is putting together to for endometriosis awareness. I can’t wait to meet Jimmy boy on thursday. I can’t wait to see my dearest friend Stacey tonight and her 8 month bump. I can’t wait to spend the weekend with Natalia and her little bump as well. I can’t wait to love on my friends as they prepare for their new role as a mommy.

I can’t wait ’til the day when I am a mommy too. I can’t wait ’til I can spend the nights sleepless because of a baby crying instead of a drug. I can’t wait ’til I can spend my days laughing and loving a child and a husband, instead of figuring out how to spend my time alone.

I can’t wait....

‘Cause I know....

I have the best dad in the world...

And He’s pretty excited too!


"Don't be afraid.

Dear Zion, 
   don't despair.
Your God is present among you, 
   a strong Warrior there to save you.
Happy to have you back, he'll calm you with his love 
   and delight you with his songs.

'The accumulated sorrows of your exile 
   will dissipate.
I, your God, will get rid of them for you. 
   You've carried those burdens long enough’."

~Zephaniah 3 





1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty excited for you to meet Jimmy Boy too! :)

    ReplyDelete