Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sweetly Broken

I have been obsessed with this song for 3 days now. I wake up with it sounding off in my head. I go to bed with the beat playing upon my heart. And all day, I sing it.

I listen to it when I’m driving in my car. I play it on my Ipod when I’m jogging or walking. I don’t usually get so crazy with just one song. Sometimes, I listen to a certain artist nonstop, but never just one song...for 3 days straight.

It is one of the most beautiful songs I have heard. Every verse resonates deep within my heart. The lyrics press hope into my soul.

The song is called, “Sweetly Broken” by Jeremy Riddle. I posted an acoustic cover below, sang by Brian Wahl Band. The lyrics are posted below the video.

I encourage anyone to listen to this song. I can’t even explain the healing it has brought to my heart to know that in my brokenness and pain, when nothing makes sense, God is faithful.

GOD IS FAITHFUL.

How could I forget? In the middle of this battle, I almost quit. I almost stayed in bed, forever. I lost sight of a God who is steadfast in His love for me. I closed my eyes to the hope before me. I laid down in defeat, giving into the despair of this disease. I almost gave up.

But God never gave up on me.

He is always true, always constant, and always faithful.

As I write this, I’m exhausted. I had a fabulous day yesterday, but today is a whole different ball game. My body is moving slow. My tummy is fighting off the pains. I don’t like writing that I am hurting the day after I wrote about how awesome I was doing.

But this is the nature of the disease and the treatment. Good days and bad days walk hand-in-hand.

And this is life. Highs and lows. Hope and despair. Joy and sorrow. Laughter and tears.

God is faithful through every season. He is here with me in the middle of all my pain and tears. He’s not too far to hear my cries. I believe He is close to me, holding my “sweetly broken” heart.







Sweetly Broken 
by Jeremy Riddle

To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of it's suffering I do drink
Of it's work I do sing

For on it my Savior, both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is love
And God is just

Chorus:
At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered

What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified

You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconciled

In awe of the cross I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love and
How great is Your faithfulness


1 comment: