Friday, November 19, 2010

Stepping out again

“Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again” ~Psalm 71:20

I took a HUGE step yesterday. After class and training, I went to my church. I had a meeting set up with the lead worship pastor to get plugged back into the music ministry at church.

I was scared. I was nervous. I’m not that great of a musician, but I have always been involved with some kind of music ministry in the past. My heart just comes alive when I worship my Lord. In the midst of my pain and heartache, I know He hears my songs to Him.

So, after thinking and praying, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and serve again.

I am back on the praise and worship team at church. I know I’ll have days when the pain will keep me away and in bed, but I am determined to push through all three services each sunday that I am physically able. I want to come alive again.

The last 3 years have been a struggle. The last 4 months have been painful. There have been seasons of intense despair, followed by seasons of hope. There have been times that I begged God to take me home. There have been days when I have danced and ran, thanking God for the life He has given me.

I know that God has a reason and a purpose for every season. I know that He has drawn me close during this time of pain and utter loneliness. I also know that He is calling me out. I know that He has plans that are bigger than my own. I know that He is always faithful and loving.

And I know that HE WANTS ME. He isn’t compromising when He pursues me and loves me. He desires me completely.

I don’t know what the day holds. I don’t know what tomorrow holds. But I am confident that God will be with me as I step out in faith, once again.






1 comment:

  1. Good for you. Sometimes when we step out of our comfort zone we achieve our best work. I loved the video. I used to study classical ballet so it was especially meaningful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete