Friday, November 26, 2010

Saying Goodbye

It was a good day.

I had a lot of fun with my older sister at the MET museum in Manhattan. We set off around noon and spent a good four hours there. I did ok for about 2 hours and then the pain got so bad that I had to sit down. My sister is amazingly patient and understands completely. We sat on a bench for about an hour, talking and eventually laughing through my tears. I’m going to miss my sister so much.



With my sis at the MET

I leave NY tomorrow morning, bright and early. I don’t want to go back home to AR. I don’t want to be away from family again. I don’t want to be alone.

But I have to go back.

I have a good job, a great doctor, and a plan to pursue my dreams. I have to keep my eyes on the goal, I guess. I have to keep looking ahead and say goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've had such a great visit at home friend, but I understand what you are saying. I'm aching over the thought of going home right now too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being alone is one of the hardest parts. It means being strong all the time. It's hard. But I am glad you had a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete