Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Marathon Mindset

I made up my mind today.

I’m going to run the St. Jude Memphis Marathon in 4 weeks. 

Yes, this decision may be crazy. I was in great running shape in September, but I can’t run 3 miles right now because of the pain.

I can’t quit though! I have to stay in the game.

I don’t care if I’m last place. I have to try.

If I feel absolutely horrible, I will do the half-marathon finish. But in my head, I plan to do the full.


Somehow.


Nana always says, “If there’s a will, there’s a way”.

Well, we shall see if I have enough “will” I guess.

I did a little jogging on the treadmill today. Then I set up a little video with my favorite running song.

DISCLAIMER: I am no video expert, but God loves me anyway :)


video

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the video friend! And I love your spirit too! I honestly cannot wait to hear about how you destroy that marathon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, thanks! I know it will be tough but I’m excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very inspirational and I am so glad that you are doing the marathon!! Hang in there, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Noelle! I’m gonna give it all I can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making small steps towards the big goals is the most important thing. I am a fitness fan myself and I know the power of motivation. When I am lacking energy and strength I take Navy Seal Formula (by MGNutritionals) which makes me quickly recharged. Due to this supplement I never miss my workouts and never loose my motivation. As a result - I am constantly improving my shape.

    ReplyDelete