Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hope & Healing

Please...I posted a photo below that may be difficult for some women to see. It is a pic of my friend and her new baby. I don’t want it to be the first thing that shows up on my blog when someone is browsing through so I put it at the bottom of this post. I don’t know if a note at the top like this is worth it, but I just wanted to mention it.


The hardest thing for me right now is not the fatigue, nausea, and/or pain. It is being told that I may never have the choice of being a mother. 


When I first saw the photo below of my friend, I wept. I let out tears of happiness for her because I knew her wait to be a Mommy was finally over. God blessed her with a newborn baby girl through adoption. The love that Laurel has for “Galilee" is obvious in this photo.


And it ministered healing and hope to my heart.


I realized that I had been so caught up in myself that I failed to see the hope that is within me. The hope placed deep inside by the hand of God. The hope that He has a purpose and a plan so much better than anything I could ever dare to comprehend.


I don’t know if I will ever have a baby from my own or if the Lord will bless me with adoption. But I trust Him with my questions and heartache. 


"We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!


But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.”


~1 Corinthians 13:12-13 (the message)

Finally a mommy

7 comments:

  1. Wow. That photo is full of a thousand words & yet leaves one speechless! Love it! So glad your friend has finally become a mommy... and that hope has been renewed within you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We don't yet see things clearly."

    I so completely needed this right now. My heart feels like it is about to burst, and my tears have turned from sadness, to joy... to hope.

    Thank you. I honestly can't say it enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sweet of you to even post a warning like that... you are amazing.

    And that picture has me sobbing.

    Congratulations to your friend my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture is stunning because it captured such a beautiful moment it seems. It was thoughtful of you to post a warning in the beginning. I am sobbing because the picture is so emotional - congratulations to your friend and most of all congratulations to you . You have been an amazing friend despite your own battles and inner demons and should be really proud of yourself. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photo left me speechless. There are so many emotions and the only way to express them is through tears. This is a great reminder that all of us can have our dreams fulfilled even if we go about it in different ways. You are a blessing - to your friend and to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, ladies. You are all incredible. I find so much encouragement through all your sweet words.

    ReplyDelete