Monday, November 1, 2010

Heaven in a Tube


Just when I thought that I’ve tried everything (besides the squirrel poop that S.I.F. had shared a couple of weeks ago), I am presented with another weapon in the battle against Endo. 


ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE, 
"HEAVEN IN A TUBE":  




As I was sitting on the kitchen floor this morning, trying to figure out how I was going to get up, I remembered the little tube of cream that was given to me while training. I hadn’t tried the cream yet, because of the simple fact that it says not to use with a heating pad (and I am attached to my heating pad through-out the day). But in my pained, desperate state, I got my booty up and found the lonely Precise on the counter. I promptly emptied out 1/2 the tube and lathered my ribcage, tummy, pelvis and back.

And then I waited. 

The warming sensation similar to icy hot flooded my core. 

"Oh, heaven!” 

I’m pretty sure I did a little jig in the kitchen in my excitement.  

I then shuffled down the hallway, careful to avoid sudden movements, and made it to my closet to put on my padded bike shorts. I was determined to take advantage of this little bit of heaven! 

After gearing up for the road, I slid on my bike seat, clipped in, and heading out....of the sub-division. 

OH SNAP!?!?!!?

I have not been out of the sub-division gates on my bike in weeks! 

Inside the gate, I am “safe”. The roads are flat and close to home. But outside of the gate, the hills are treacherous and intimidating. 

Today, I conquered those hills. Tylenol Precise and I completed a 15 mile bike ride (the same route that I would use as my “warm up” 3 months ago). 



Afterwards, I took some glamour shots...to show that I was still standing with my heavenly cream. 


Disclaimer: To be honest, I don’t really know if this stuff really works. It might just be my desperate attempt to try anything that makes me believe it helps. 

5 comments:

  1. Ha! It sounds better than squirrel poop to me! :)

    I'm going to have to check this stuff out... And I am SO proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks S.I.F! I lathered on some more this morning and did some lunges. Woohoo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome. glad it did the trick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! I’m kinda living off this stuff now. It’s THAT good!

    ReplyDelete