Saturday, November 6, 2010

He Understands

“During his life on earth, Jesus prayed to God, who could save him from death. He prayed and pleaded with loud crying and tears, and he was heard because of his devotion to God” hebrews 5:7
I read that verse yesterday and I got it. For one millisecond, it dawned on me that He understands my pain far more than I know. He understands the anguish and sorrow. He understands the physical pain that has broken my insides. He understands rejection and loneliness. He understands because he has been here. 
There are times, in the midst of my deepest hurts, when I cry out to the Lord, wondering if he is there, if he even cares. There are nights when I have been angry with him for not healing me. In my ignorance and pride, I have thought, “You are Lord. How can you understand?”. But can’t I realize, can’t I understand, that he has known pain far greater than anything I could comprehend? 
He has walked on this earth. He was rejected by his family, deserted by his friends at the most painful hour. He was torn apart, unrecognizable from the beatings he endured. He carried a cross, bearing the weight of every, single sin from every, single person ever created and yet to be. He was pierced with nails and hung on a hill, mocked by the world that he so dearly loved. And then, in the darkest hour of affliction, He was forsaken by God.
At about three in the afternoon Jesus cried out with a loud voice, "Elí, Elí, lemá sabachtháni? " that is, " My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”
“For the first and only time, God turned His back on His son. It was at that moment Christ bore all our sins. That’s why the Father could not look on Him - because of the affront of our iniquities. Christ experienced the ultimate pain - seperationg from God the Father. In absolute loneliness and pain Jesus screamed, ‘Why have You forsaken Me?’
Let me assure you, you cannot have a heartache that Jesus doesn’t understand and with which He doesn’t identify. You cannot have a physical pain that somehow escapes His awareness. You cannot have a crippling disease, a disability, a grief, a heart attack...not even a debilitating fear or panic attack that He cannot understand or feel. 
He’s felt it all. Therefore He’s there to walk with you through your most profound depths of pain, if you’ll only let Him.” Charles Swindoll
How precious is the love of Jesus? This one who would shape my heart in His hands, form me in mother’s womb, and pursue me with His love thousands of years ago while dying on a cross. How precious is the blood of Jesus? Spilled and poured out on this earth, with tears of sorrow and anguish, crying out to a God who abandoned Him because of my sin. 
He understands. He really, really, really understands. 



What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.



Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
For my pardon, this I see,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
For my cleansing this my plea,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Nothing can for sin atone,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
Naught of good that I have done,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
This is all my hope and peace,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
This is all my righteousness,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Now by this I’ll overcome—
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
Now by this I’ll reach my home—
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Glory! Glory! This I sing—
Nothing but the blood of Jesus,
All my praise for this I bring—
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing. I really needed this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenzey, my heart goes out to you. I am reading your blog. “You are absolutely beautiful, my darling, with no imperfection in you” ~Songs 4:7 It doesn’t matter how incomplete we may feel, God’s love makes us whole and priceless. He covers us with His banner of love. Remember, before we were born, He knew us. Everything that has happened in your life is known to Him. You have an amazing heart for God. Don’t allow the lies and deception to bring you down. You have a ministry, girl. Just by reading your blog, I can see that God is using you (even when you don’t even realize it, right?). :)

    “The King is wild for you; since he’s your lord, adore him” ~Psalm 45:11 (the message)

    ReplyDelete