Saturday, November 13, 2010

God Is Good

~From Google Images~

I met someone today. He was an ex motocross racer, but you wouldn’t think that when you met him. Half of his face drooped, as he talked with me, sharing his testimony with slurring words. He told me how he hated God before the accident. He showed me tattoos with demons and “666” on his arms and shoulders. He told me about a life of drugs and partying, filled with anger. 


Then he told me about how his life changed when he was in a horrible accident. He was in a coma for a month. After waking, he couldn’t return home for another three months. Upon getting home, he tried to use his walker to manage the 36 footsteps from the driveway to the front door. It took him over two hours to get there. Everyday he would walk to the mailbox and back, over three hours of walking...and falling down...and getting back up. 


Tears were streaming down his face at this point. I couldn’t help but cry with him. I’m an emotional basket case right now, but I have a feeling I would have cried even if I was “normal” (not on Lupron).  


“God is good”, he said to me. All I could do was nod my head in agreement. My heart felt like it was going to burst from emotions (darn hormones!). 


He continued, saying, “God is good. I love him so much. I can’t wait to see Him someday”. He was crying even more as he raised his fist up and said, “God is my rock!”. 


Amen. God is my rock too. 


Even right now, when nothing seems solid in my life. When my relationships have fallen apart, when my health has been broken, and when my dreams have been shattered. I know it’s true. I know He is with me...even when I feel forgotten. 


And I know God is good. I know He’s got plans for me that are better than anything I could ever dream up. I know His view on the mountain top is much bigger than my valley perspective. 


If I don’t ever feel relief from Endometriosis in my life, God is still good. 


If I never get married or find love, God is still good. 


If I never have baby of my own to hold and love, God will still be good. 


"God is good, 
   a hiding place in tough times.
He recognizes and welcomes 
   anyone looking for help,
No matter how desperate the trouble.” 
~Nahum 1:7 (the message)


2 comments:

  1. I truly believe that I never would have found my way back to God if it hadn't been for the last 2 years of struggles.

    It's funny how life works out sometimes... and how you manage to find faith during the times when you need it most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree, hon. I have never felt so close to God than right now in my struggles and pain. I think that being single has made it even easier to rely on Him...since there is no one else, ya know?

    ReplyDelete