Saturday, October 30, 2010

NEVER ALONE

I play the piano. Sometimes, I sing. And rarely, I write songs. I used to sing in church. Sometimes, I’d share my music. The following is an audio of a song that I wrote. The recording is not from a studio. It is just a rough audio of my piano and I, echoing the words that I feel God telling me during the sadness and mourning. The lyrics are listed below. 



video


“NEVER ALONE” 

I SPOKE TO THE NIGHT
NOT TOO LONG AGO
“LET THERE BE LIGHT!”
“STARS IN THE SKY!”
AND IT WAS SO
SO GOOD
I BREATHED LIFE IN YOU
FORMED YOU IN THE WOMB
I PLANNED THAT DAY
YOU CAME MY WAY
AND I REJOICED
OVER YOU
NEVER, HAVE I FORSAKEN YOU
NEVER, HAVE I ABANDONED YOU
NEVER, HAVE I LET YOU GO
I SAW YOU THIS MORNING
EMPTY IN DESPAIR
OH, HOW I CRIED WITH YOU 
ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT
I WAS THERE
I WAS THERE
I CAN FEEL YOUR HEART 
MOURNING FROM YOUR LOSS
GIVE ME YOUR HAND
I’LL HELP YOU STAND
I AM HERE
I AM HERE
NEVER, HAVE I FORSAKEN YOU
NEVER, HAVE I ABANDONED YOU
NEVER, HAVE I LET YOU GO
THE STORM IS RAGING ON
IT’S HARD FOR YOU TO GO ON
STAY BY MY SIDE
I’LL NEVER HIDE FROM YOU
THE WAVES ARE CRASHING AROUND
YOU FEEL THAT YOU MIGHT DROWN
LOOK TO MY FACE
CHILD OF GRACE
I AM HERE
NEVER, HAVE I FORSAKEN YOU
NEVER, HAVE I ABANDONED YOU
NEVER, HAVE I LET YOU GO
YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND
HOW HIS LIFE COULD END
I NEVER LET GO
HE IS NEVER ALONE
HE’S JUST CLOSER TO HOME.


2 comments: